Bachelor of Arts
With an emphasis on strong design, craftsmanship, and relevant computer skills, 澳门开奖网 is your first step to a successful career in today鈥檚 challenging art scene.
The 澳门开奖网 studio art degree program provides students advanced study in drawing, painting, printmaking, digital photography, letterpress, and book arts with a strong beginning in foundations courses followed by an admissions portfolio review. This fine arts program builds your visual literacy through study of art history, providing you a firm knowledge of the history and vocabulary of the visual arts.
The studio art degree prepares students to become practicing artists, museum educators, museum or gallery preparators, illustrators, or arts administrators. Graduates of this program are also prepared to pursue further study in M.F.A. programs, art therapy, K-12 art education, or art conservation.
According to the the annual median wage for art and design occupations in 2022 was $51,150.
Graphic design students receive hands-on instruction in a professional studio environment. Our small classes develop a strong sense of community among students and faculty. The curriculum is tailored to train well-rounded designers who can work with a variety of clients in different situations.
The minor in studio art offers you a chance to broaden your academic experiences through a structured selection of beginning and advanced-level studio art and art history courses. Studying studio art provides hands-on experience in producing art and builds your abilities in visual communication
In an increasingly visual world, art history provides necessary skills in examining and analyzing works of art throughout the span of history. This 18-hour program provides entry to this engaging, multi-disciplinary field and prepares you for further study in art history while enhancing any major or career path with connections to history, culture, and communication.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the bachelor鈥檚 degree in studio art, you will be able to:
- understand and utilize the creative process to make quality artwork.
- demonstrate and apply principles of design, composition, color, and the visual elements in studio artwork.
- attain and utilize conceptual drawing skills to generate ideas and perceptual drawing skills to generate high quality images.
- develop skills with a variety of media to create works of visual impact and expression.
- create a portfolio of work which reflects the program outcomes.
- demonstrate an understanding of global art history through written documents and oral presentations.
The studio art program is accredited by the (NASAD).